Thai Red Curry with Shrimp
Developed by: Annie Namba
- 16 medium uncooked shrimp
- 1 bell pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 medium onion, cubed
- 1/2 zucchini, cubed
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 1 16 oz. can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large wok, heat oil and stir-fry garlic until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add bell peppers, onions and zucchini and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add red curry paste to the mixture and stir to coat the ingredients.
- Pour coconut milk and stir to distribute the curry paste. Reduce heat to simmer and add fish sauce and peanut butter. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add shrimp and cook about 2-3 minutes, until shrimp are done. Serve with rice.
Notes & Tips
You can buy curry paste from stores specializing in imported products. We got ours from otth.co.kr. You can control the spiciness by adjusting the amount of curry paste. Coconut milk was from Emart. We use frozen shrimp from Costco. When using frozen shrimp, defrost them first by soaking in water.