김치불고기버거 (Kimchi Bulgogi Burger)
Developed by: Annie Namba
- 3 hamburger buns
- 100g kimchi, sliced
- 1-2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 2-3 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 200g thinly sliced 불고기용 beef
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon 국간장
- 1 tablespoon pear juice or finely minced onions
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black peppers
- Create marinade using listed ingredients. Cut beef into bite-sized pieces, then cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- In a medium pan, heat oil and stir in mushrooms and onions. Cook until onions are almost transparent.
- Stir in beef and cook just until any visible red color is gone. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On each side of the hamburger buns, thinly spread mayonnaise. Layer with cooked bulgogi, then with kimchi.
Notes & Tips
As you may have noticed, this is mainly a bulgogi recipe! There isn't much to the sandwich itself aside from the idea. All you really need is bread, bulgogi and kimchi.
Grated pears or minced onions act as a meat tenderizer. You could also try pineapple juice or grated kiwi. 불고기용 beef bought at the store often come in large strips, you can cut them to bite-size before cooking.