Developed by: Annie Namba
- 300g chicken thighs, cut into bite sizes
- 150g sweet potatoes, sliced
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 small carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cabbage, sliced
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3-4 깻잎, sliced, optional
- 7-10 pieces 떡국떡, optional
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon red pepper paste
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sweet rice wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger
- In a medium bowl, mix sauce mixture then add chicken and coat with sauce.
- In a large wok, heat oil and stir fry chicken, carrots, sweet potatoes over medium low heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add water, then cabbage, onions, sesame seed leaves and 떡. Stir to distribute sauce evenly then cover. Reduce heat and simmer for about 10 minutes. Serve with rice.
Notes & Tips
- 깻잎 is optional. On this one I added 깻잎 at the very last stage so I can pick it out for Aaron.
- 떡 is also optional. In this example, I didn't have any 떡 on hand. 떡국떡 comes from a thick, round stick, cut at an angle to form oval-shaped slices.