Seafood Dynamite Casserole
Developed by: Annie Namba
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 250g salmon steak (optional)
- 10-12 medium uncooked shrimp, chopped
- 60g flying fish roe (tobiko)
- 1/2 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk green onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 12 slices of pickled jalapeño pepper
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: If you would like to include salmon, loosely wrap your salmon steak in foil and bake at 175° in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, then set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together chopped shrimp, flying fish roe, onions, green onions, mayonnaise, chili sauce, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 160˚C. In a 7 inch by 9 inch casserole dish, layer cooked rice, then the (optional) salmon, shredded.
- Layer with seafood and mayo mixture and place jalapeño peppers on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15-20 minutes and serve.
Notes & Tips
You can make this without the salmon, it will still be good!