감자전 (Potato Jeon)
Developed by: Annie Namba
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled (about 500g)
- 1 spicy green pepper, minced (optional)
- half of a small onion
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (half the amount if using table salt)
- 1 red chili pepper, sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil to fry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped spicy green and red peppers (optional)
- Grate potatoes and onion into a large bowl.
- Add potato starch, spicy green peppers and salt, then mix well.
- In a frying pan, add enough oil to cover the bottom. Heat the oil and ladle in batter. Spread the batter thinly across the pan, then cook over medium-low heat for about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve with dipping sauce.
Notes & Tips
You can adjust the size of the 전 to be as big or small as you prefer, but bigger ones will be harder to flip. This is kind of 전 is simple to make, but a bit on the sticky side. Make sure to add oil for each new batch. This dish pairs perfectly with 막걸리.